Guidance for Application of Residence Permit
[New Application] Foreigners in these conditions can apply Residence Permit: foreigners with (Z, X1, J1, Q1,S1) visa noted that Residence Permit application is needed after entry, foreigners who are special talents or investors meeting the national regulations and foreigners who need to change Stay Permit to Residence Permit due to valid reason.
[Extension] Foreigners who have not changed their reasons for residence and need to extend their stay in Shunde District, Foshan City may apply for an extension of their Residence Permit.
Ⅱ. MethodForeigners shall go through the relevant formalities in person at Shunde Exit Entry and accept an interview within the 30 day stay marked on the visa or 30 days before the expiration of the original residence permit. Those who are in any of the following circumstances are allow to authorize professional institutions or individuals or relatives to apply or extend the Residence Permit.
- Those who are under the age of 16, those who are over 60 and those who are disable due to illness or other reason.
- Those who do not enter China for the first time and have a good record of stay in China.
Ⅲ. InstitutionThe Exit-Entry Department of Shunde Municipal Public Security Bureau
Address: Window 1, 2rd Flood, East Block, Administrative Service Center, No.1 Demin Road, Daliang New Town, Shunde District, Foshan City.
QQ Group for Consultation: 5867805
Ⅳ. Documents and RequirementsPlease go through the relevant formalities and submit the relevant documents.
- Fill out the VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM.
- Full-face Color Photo with blue background (48×33mm) and its valid receipt (Receipt of China Visa Photograph for Foreigner).
- Passport and copies of Information Page, Visa Page and Page with Last Entry Seal.
- Copy of Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued by local police station or hotels.
- Foreigners aged 18 to 70 who apply for residence permit for the first time shall submit valid health certificate issued by the inspection and quarantine department. (the certificate is valid within 6 months)
- Other needed documents for different visa.
- Z/R Visa: Foreign Expert Certificate or Work Permit; documents of your company: Copies of the business license and Certificate of Approval for Establishment of Enterprises with Foreign Investment in the People Republic of China (if any).
- Q1 Visa: Needed documents will be different according the identity of those who are visited (provide by the visited person).
② Overseas Chinese: Chinese passport, Certificate of Foreign Settlement and the Residence Certificate for more than six months' permanent residence in Foshan.
③ Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan residents: Mainland travel permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents or Mainland travel permit for Taiwan residents, the Residence Certificate for more than six months' permanent residence in Foshan.
④ Foreigners with People’s Republic of Chian Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card: copy of People’s Republic of Chian Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card.
- S1 Visa: Foreigners with S1 Visa want to visit families in China shall submit the document showing the family relationship (spouse, parents, parents-in-law, children under the age of 18) and the Residence Permit of the visited person.
Ethnic Chinese who are over the age of 60 and have purchased real estate in China: Property Certificate or notarized Sale & Purchase Agreement of House.
Foreigners receiving medical assistance and services in China: Hospitalization certificate issued by upper second-class hospitals.
- X1 Visa: Copies of Letter indicating the study period of the school, letter of admission and School Permit.
- J1 Visa: Letter issued by Foreign Affairs Office of Provincial People's Government, Press Card and Certificate issued by Permanent Offices of Foreign News Agencies.
- Residence Permit(1 year): 400RMB
- Residence Permit(1 year - 3 years): 800RMB
- Residence Permit(3 years - 5 years): 1000RMB
Ⅵ. Time for Processing7 working days from the next day of application acceptance
Ⅶ. Notes1. For the extension and renewal of certificates, an application shall be submitted to the accepting authority 30 days before the expiration of the original residence permit.
- VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM can be download from “佛山市公安局政务网”
All application forms shall be written in black ink.
- The photo and receipt ((Receipt of China Visa Photograph for Foreigner))required for foreigners to apply for Residence Permit can be applied from regular photo studio. Foreigners should sign in the lower right corner of the receipt to confirm that the photo is his / her own.
- The submitted materials shall be copied in A4 size and placed in the above order, and meanwhile, all the original shall be prepared and submitted for review; the certification provided by the company shall be stamped with the official seal.
- For a foreign baby born in China, the parents or agents shall register the birth with baby's birth certificate and parents' identity documents in the Exit-entry Department within 60 days after the birth of the baby.After obtaining a new passport for baby, the parents or agents shall promptly go to Exit-entry Department to apply for the visa with the new passport and materials for residence.
- If the department considers it is necessary to investigate the situation of the applier, the time of investigation shall not be include in the promised time limit of processing. If the situation of foreigners meets the conditions for urgent handling, the application can be handled within 2 working days according to the actual situation.
- Family members include spouse, parents, parents in law, children, brothers, sisters, grandparents, maternal grandparents, grandchildren, spouse of children. Immediate family include spouse, parents, parents in law, children who is under the age of 18. Relationship certificate means Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Adoption Certificate, other certificate showing the relationship issued by relative department.
- Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Adoption Certificate and other certificate showing the relationship issued by relative department shall be certified by the Chinese consulate.
- Non-Chinese documents shall be translated by professional translation companies (If the name of the foreigner is not in English, English shall be added at the same time)
- The Exit-entry Department may inform the applier or the relevant person of the company to have an interview. If the applier or the relevant person of the company miss the appointment with no valid reason, the Residence Permit application or extension will be rejected. If the applicant's Residence Permit expires due to refusal, it shall be dealt with according to law.
- The instructions shall be interpreted by the Entry-exit Department of Foshan Municipal Public Security Bureau. In case of any conflict with the latest regulations and policies, the latest regulations and policies shall prevail.