Guidance for Application of Stay Permit
Foreigners in the following circumstances can apply Stay Permit.
1. Visa free foreigners need to overstay the visa-free period for business reason or other reason unrelated to foreign affair.
2. Foreign crew members and their accompanying family members need to leave the city of port.
3. Those who need to stay in China after being approved to withdraw from Chinese nationality.
4. Foreigners need to stay for longer due to other valid reason.
5. Other situations
① Foreign babies born in China need to stay in China
② Foreigners who have time limit for he / her exit
③ Foreigners who have been sentenced to probation, parole or medical treatment on parole by the relevant departments and who need to assist in the investigation, obtain a guarantor pending trial, live under surveillance and other foreigners who are legally restricted from leaving China as well as foreigners who have been released but not deported after serving their sentences
④ Foreigners who are nor approve to application of visa or residence permit but are not restrict from leaving China or are not deported.
Foreigners shall go through the relevant formalities in person at Shunde Exit Entry and accept an interview. Those who are in any of the following circumstances are allow to authorize professional institutions or individuals or relatives to apply or extend the Residence Permit.
- Those who are under the age of 16, those who are over 60 and those who are disable due to illness or other reason.
- Those who do not enter China for the first time and have a good record of stay in China.
Ⅲ. InstitutionThe Exit-Entry Department of Shunde Municipal Public Security Bureau
Address: Window 1, 2rd Flood, East Block, Administrative Service Center, No.1 Demin Road, Daliang New Town, Shunde District, Foshan City.
QQ Group for Consultation: 5867805
Ⅳ. Documents and RequirementsPlease go through the relevant formalities and submit the relevant documents.
- Fill out the VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM.
- Full-face Color Photo with blue background (48×33mm) and its valid receipt (Receipt of China Visa Photograph for Foreigner).
- Passport and copies of Information Page, Visa Page and Page with Last Entry Seal.
- Copy of Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued by local police station or hotels.
- Other needed documents for different reason.
(2) Foreign crew members and their accompanying family members: Copy of The People's Republic of China Seafarer's Passport or other valid international travel documents. Letter of guarantee from shipping agency, plane/train/ship ticket with fixed date and seat or other document relating to the stay.
(3) Those who withdraw from Chinese nationality: Copies of Certificate of Expatriation, foreign passport or other valid international travel documents.
(4) Foreigners need to stay for longer due to other valid reason: documents relating to the reason why he/she need to stay (such as foreigners who have completed his/her work shall submit resignation certificate of the original company, cancelled employment permit or expert certificate; foreigners who have completed his/her study shall submit graduation certificate or certificate of completion of study issued by the school; The resident foreign correspondent who have completed his/her work shall submit certificate of termination of working relationship issued by the original news organization, etc)
5. Foreign babies born in China: Copies of Birth Certificate of babies, passport and visa of the parents.
6. Foreigners who have time limit for he / her exit: Decision paper of relevant department shall be submitted.
7. Foreigners who have been sentenced to probation, parole or medical treatment on parole by the relevant departments and who need to assist in the investigation, obtain a guarantor pending trial, live under surveillance and other foreigners who are legally restricted from leaving China as well as foreigners who have been released but not deported after serving their sentences: written judgment, certificate for restricted exit or certificate for assistance in investigation issued by relevant department shall be submitted.
Ⅴ. Time for Processing7 working days from the next day of application acceptance
Ⅵ. Notes1. All application forms shall be written in black ink. The applicant shall ensure that the telephone number is unblocked. If there is a company inviting applicant to China, the official seal of the company shall be affixed. Pay attention to the choice of signature of applicant or signature of agent according to different situations.
2. The submitted materials shall be copied in A4 size and the originals shall be prepared for proofreading. All certificates and letters provided by the company shall stamp with official seal.
3. Registration Form of Temporary Residence issued by hotels shall be printed in Public Security system of Hotel Industry and stamp with official seal.
4. Authorized agents should submit the letter of authorization and the copy of his/her ID card. Those who are disable due to illness or other reason should submit certificate of diagnosis .
5. Family members include spouse, parents, parents in law, children, brothers, sisters, grandparents, maternal grandparents, grandchildren, spouse of children. Immediate family include spouse, parents, parents in law, children who is under the age of Relationship certificate means Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Adoption Certificate, other certificate showing the relationship issued by relative department. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Adoption Certificate and other certificate showing the relationship issued by relative department shall be certified by the Chinese consulate.
6.Non-Chinese documents shall be translated by professional translation companies (If the name of the foreigner is not in English, English shall be added at the same time)
7.The guidance shall be interpreted by the Entry-exit Department of Shunde Municipal Public Security Bureau. In case of any conflict with the latest regulations and policies, the latest regulations and policies shall prevail.